If you are looking for a career that allows you to make a comfortable living while also helping other people, then you may be interested in becoming a certified health coach. Health coaches have become incredibly popular during the past few years because more and more people are focusing on their own health and wellness. They may not know exactly how they can become the best versions of themselves, so they are looking for someone who can help them do exactly that. For this reason, coaches have noticed that their health consulting services are quickly becoming in high demand. If you would like to become a health coach, you need to make sure you have the right certification. Before you can do that, you need to understand what a health coach is and what a health coach can do. What exactly is this?
What is a Holistic Health Coach?
So, what is a holistic health coach and what do they do? First, let’s take a closer look at how coaches are identified. These are professionals who help people identify their health goals. Then, they work with him in the first-place manner, helping them to address their specific goals. Then, consider what it means to be a holistic health coach. A holistic health coach is someone who focuses on diet and lifestyle changes. They tried to use an integrative approach, understanding how different organ systems work together.
What Duties will a Holistic Health Coach Have?
Even though it sounds complicated, it is actually straightforward. There are several main areas in which you are going to work with someone to help them reach their goals. These include:
- First, a certified health coach is going to help someone by educating them on various nutrition choices. If you want your client to reach his or her goals, you have to talk with him or her about his or her current dietary choices.
- Second, a health coach is going to literally coach someone to reach their goals. This means that a health coach is going to learn what motivates his or her clients. Then, by taking a closer look at someone’s internal motivations, a health coach can tailor their techniques to convince that person to stick to the diet and exercise plan put forward.
- Next, a health coach is also going to be good at identifying dangerous habits and lifestyle choices. In order to help someone, reach their goals, you have to figure out why they are currently having issues. Then, you can explain to that person why they need to change their current lifestyle choices.
- Furthermore, a health coach can also do something called a whole-body health assessment. This is important because it takes a look at every aspect of someone’s life. Then, you can figure out exactly what you need to do to help that person get better.
- Finally, a health coach is also going to work on diet and lifestyle education. If you want your clients to remain successful, you have to give them the tools they need to stick to their plans.
Ultimately, the goal of a certified health coach has to help someone identify poor lifestyle choices, figure out how they are going to overcome them, and develop a plan to meet those goals. Your goal is to empower your clients to make real changes. This includes activity changes, environmental changes, dietary changes, and changes to any other areas that could be having a negative impact on someone’s health. In some situations, you may even provide meal plans, talk therapy, and counseling to help someone make their dreams come true.
How is this Different from a Doctor?
Of course, A lot of people are wondering what the difference is between a health coach and a dr. Obviously, doctors have gone through significantly more training than a health coach. A doctor has to graduate college, go to 4 years of medical school, and then finish residency programs before they are allowed to practice medicine. A doctor earns a medical degree (MD or DO) and is allowed to prescribe medications. They also deal with more acute illnesses. If you decide to become a health coach, you will not be able to prescribe prescription medicines to someone else.
At the same time, as a health coach, you may end up working with doctors, talking about the same patients. That way, you can work with the doctor, providing a different perspective on what the patient or client is currently going through. That way, you can take a comprehensive approach, working together to make sure the patient’s needs are met. The doctor may be relying on you for additional support. Or you may be relying on the doctor for additional support as well. It is important to understand it as a health coach, you may be working as a part of a larger team. Therefore, you need to have the right training and certification programs to help your clients. That is where we can assist you.
Start Your Training for a New Career as a Health Coach Today
In order for you to become the best health coach you can be, you need to have the right training program. That way, you know you have the knowledge to help your client. At Wholestic Nutrition, we provide you with access to the latest tools and training you need to become a successful health coach. We will work with you personally, providing you with a customized training plan that can help you become the best health coach you can be. All of our training classes have been based on the latest research studies, providing you with the information you require to help your clients with a wide variety of concerns. Our goal is to provide you with a convenient, cost-effective, and comprehensive training program that will give you the confidence you need to create customized plans for each individual client. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you, please contact us today! It would be our pleasure to assist you in your health coach dreams!