Temporary Writer, CNN Health
- United States – Remote – Remote
- Requisition # 178752BR
- Business Unit
- Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services
- Position Type
- Full Time
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN Health is looking for a temporary podcast writer/producer to collaborate with CNN Audio to cover the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Utilize your strong science/medical writing background to create digestible podcast scripts for a broad (non-science) audience.
- Work closely with senior producer, host and production team on the development of podcasts, from ideation to execution.
- Work with the CNN Health team on editorial and logistics.
- Ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality and journalistic standards of CNN.
- Book newsmakers and experts who can provide new information and understanding about the pandemic.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience, with a background in science/medical reporting.
- Competitive candidates should have clips or scripts of content they’ve written for podcasts or TV, as opposed to print writing.
- Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills is essential, plus a proven track record of thriving under pressure.
- Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 news environment.
- Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording a plus.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.warnermediagroup.com.