Business

Fire outbreak at Korle-Bu ICU – MyJoyOnline.com

[ad_1]

A fire outbreak has been reported at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH).

According to management, the fire was caused by an electrical fault at the ICU.

In an interview, the Hospital’s Public Relations Officer, Mustapha Salifu said no casualty was recorded.

He further noted that the fire was quickly doused by some staff of the facility.

“The fire was detected early, so we were able to handle it as soon it started,” he said.

Mr Salifu added that three Covid-19 patients who were receiving treatment at the ward have subsequently been transferred to the University of Ghana Medical Centre.

He revealed that the ICU will be renovated following the incident.

This outbreak follows a series of fires recorded in the Greater Accra Region in November alone.

On November 5, fire gutted the Cathedral Clinic and Laboratory on the Accra High Street.

Subsequently, on November 18, hundreds of stalls at the Odawna Market at Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra were destroyed following a fire outbreak,

Traders’ belongings and monies were also burnt beyond recognition.

The following day, it was reported that fire had swept some parts of the Sakumono School Complex in Accra.

The more recent one happened on Saturday when the GCB Bank at Kantamanto was consumed in an inferno.

[ad_2]

Website | + posts

Republik City News is a subsidiary of SuccessValley, an online network community for students and aspiring entrepreneurs. You can reach SuccessValley through this link: https://www.successvalley.tech/