Ghana News

Fire guts shops at Koforidua Metro Mass Transport terminal

fire service

The timely intervention of the Ghana National Fire Service prevented the further spread of a fire which gutted shops at the Koforidua Metro Mass Transport terminal on Tuesday morning.

The fire, according to eyewitnesses, started around 9:30 am from sparks from the main electricity pole which supplies power to some shops in the area.

Property and wares worth thousands of Ghana Cedis have been lost in the fire which has affected almost eight shops.

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Eastern Regional Fire Service, AD01 Ignatius Baidoo observed: “it seems there were some attempts to put out the fire before we got here. Luckily shortly after we arrived, we successfully put out the fire and as I speak, everything is under control.”

Meanwhile, some affected shop owners are requesting government assistance.

“I have lost a lot of my belongings to the fire. I do not know where to start. This is my only means of survival. I need the government to help me bounce back to business,” a trader shared.

“I was home when I received a call informing me about the unfortunate incident. I am very saddened. It was only yesterday I shocked my shop. I really need the government to support me revive my business.

Kwasi Poku
+ posts