- If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you can get waived delivery fees and lower service fees on DoorDash food orders thanks to a year of complimentary DashPass membership.
- This should save you about $5 per order — and you don’t have to pay the monthly fee of $9.99 for DoorDash for the first year. Plus, both Sapphire cards offer bonus points on dining purchases
- If you have the Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Unlimited, you’ll get three months of DashPass membership for free, then a 50% discount for the rest of your first year.
- Activate your offer via the DoorDash website or app.
- See Business Insider’s list of the best rewards credit cards »
Chase just launched an interesting new promotion in partnership with DoorDash, offering discounts on the company’s DashPass unlimited delivery program.
For $9.99 per month, DashPass customers receive lower service fees and free delivery on all orders of more than $12. According to the company, members save an average of between $4 and $5 per order. The fee is normally waived for all customers for the first month, but now select Chase cardholders will get a significant discount for the first membership year. Some Chase cardholders get it for free.
You can activate the offer by visiting the website here or you can download the DoorDash app.
There’s a good chance you’ll be able to take advantage, since four of the eligible cards make the list of Chase’s best cards of the year, including:
Both Sapphire-branded cards offer free DashPass for the entire first year, while the Freedom cards will get you three months for free and then a 50% discount for the rest of the first year. You’ll also be eligible for that latter offer with the Chase Freedom Student Credit Card, along with Chase Slate.
To register, simply add your eligible card to the DoorDash app and click to add the offer, anytime between now and December 31, 2021. Just be sure to add a calendar reminder for 12 months out so you can reevaluate then — otherwise after the first year, the DashPass may renew at the full $9.99 monthly price.
Unfortunately, the $120 in annual dining credits you’ll receive with the American Express® Gold Card only cover DoorDash competitors GrubHub and Seamless, but the upside with those credits is that you can use them toward the cost of food, whereas with this offer you’re just cutting down on extra fees.