Jacksonville author Michael Wiley introduces a new mystery series with a couple of local appearances. Plus other book news.
Best-selling Jacksonville author Michael Wiley kicks off the book tour for “Trouble in Mind,” the first of a new mystery series featuring Chicago PI Sam Kelson, who, because of a brain injury, cannot lie, at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Chamblin’s Uptown, 215 N. Laura, and 6:30 p.m. Thursday at San Marco Books and More, 1971 San Marco Blvd.
Author Carla Rodriquez (“Release Your Inner Beast: Embrace Your Endo Warrior”) gives insight into battling a chronic illness, 2 p.m. Monday, Story & Song Bookstore, 1430 Park Ave., Amelia Island.
RELATED | Read more books news
Writing guru Vic DiGenti discusses “Life is Like a River: Navigating the Memoir Writing Rapids,” at the River City Writers meeting, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Southeast Regional Library, 10599 Deerwood Park.
Best-selling author Claire Cook (“Must Love Dogs”) holds a “Never Too Late: New Year Reinvention Workshop” at 10 a.m. Saturday at The Literary Guild of St. Simons Island’s Meet the Author event at the Casino, 550 Beachview Drive, St. Simons. Free for members, $10 for guests.
Teen poetry slam, 5 p.m. Monday, Story & Song Bookstore, 1430 Park Ave., Amelia Island.
• “The Family Upstairs” by Lisa Jewell, Barnes & Noble Book Club, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St. Augustine, 1930 U.S. 1 South.
• “Reverie” by Ryan La Sala, YA Book Club, 7 p.m. Friday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St. Augustine, 1930 U.S. 1 South.
• “A Fatal Winter” by G.M. Malliet, Cozy Mystery Book Club, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Orange Park Library, 2054 Plainfield Ave.
• “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Free” by Gail Honeyman, Fleming Island Book Club, 10 a.m. Saturday, 1895 Town Center Blvd.
• Infants and toddlers: 10:30 a.m. Monday and Thursday, Middleburg/ Clay Hill Library, 2245 Aster Ave. Middleburg; 11 a.m. Tuesday and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Keystone Heights Library, 175 Oriole St.; 10:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, Fleming Island Library, 1895 Town Center Blvd.; 10:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, Orange Park Library, 2054 Plainfield Ave.; 10:30 a.m. Friday, Green Cove Springs Library, 403 Ferris St.
• 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Story & Song Bookstore, 1430 Park Ave., Amelia Island.
• “The Return of Thelma the Unicorn,” 11 a.m. Saturday, Barnes & Noble St. Johns Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St. Augustine, 1930 U.S. 1 South.
• “A Choice of Colors,” memoir by Jacksonville school teacher Michael J. Williams Sr.
• “The Intentional Sales Manager: Harness the Power of Purposeful Leadership to Transform Your Team” by Jacksonville author Pat McManamon.
• “Free in the USA: 1800+ Parks, Museums, Collections and Roadside Attractions Where Admission is Always Free” by Jacksonville travel-writer Neala McCarten.
Send Bookmarks information to email@example.com (don’t forget the 1). Announcements must arrive seven days before the Sunday of publication. Events open to all unless stated and always subject to change.