Patrick Allotey laments absence of trainer ahead of world title shot - Republik City News
News

Patrick Allotey laments absence of trainer ahead of world title shot

Written by SuccessValley

Boxing News of Friday, 13 September 2019

Source: Graphic.com.gh

Munguia Patrick Allotey Jaime Munguia defends his WBO super welterweight title against Ghana’s Patrick Allotey

World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Africa super welterweight champion, Patrick Allotey, has lamented his trainer’s inability to secure a US visa to travel with him ahead of his world title fight with Mexico’s Jaime Munguia at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, on Saturday.

Allotey, whose ring record stands at 10 wins in his last 11 bouts, believes the turn of events could destabilise him ahead of his maiden world title championship bout against the undefeated Mexican.

Describing the situation as worrying, the 28-year-old fighter told the Graphic Sports Online from his California base that he was in a state of dilemma as to who would lead him into Saturday’s WBO super welterweight world championship clash without his preferred trainer.

“How can I travel to the States for a fight of this nature without my trainer just because he was denied a visa to come with me.

“This will definitely affect my chances on Saturday considering the nature of the fight because even if I get another trainer here, how can he prepare me within days to win a fight of this magnitude,” he lamented.

Allotey arrived in USA with his managers, Ivan Bruce Cudjoe and Ellis Quaye of Cabic Management and Promotions, ahead of the biggest fight of his career against Munguia.

The Ghanaian has been preparing to win the nation its 11th world title and also become Ghana’s third world champion in two years after Isaac Dogboe and Richard Commey.

Allotey’s trainer, Ofori Asare, when contacted told the Graphic Sports Online that he was baffled how his visa application by Cabic Management and Promotions failed to materialise, having previously been informed by the boxing syndicate about the official communications with the American Embassy in Accra.

Asare noted that he was yet to secure a visa to travel to the United States ahead of Saturday’s fight because he could not get a date for an interview session at the US Embassy despite his boxer and managers having their chance to secure themselves visas.

He said his continuous wait for his turn at the US Embassy proved futile despite assurances by Cabic Management and Promotions that he would be called for his visa.

“I haven’t been able to go for an interview for the visa because I have been waiting for my date and it hasn’t come.

“The managers told me they applied for my visa with theirs but as it stands now, they have theirs and they are gone so I don’t know what happened to mine,” he explained.

However, having defeated Frank Dodzi to win the WBO Africa crown, Allotey made two successful defences against Badru Lusambya and Sherif Kasongo before Landon himself a shot to Munguia’s strap.

Meanwhile, Munguia, a knockout specialist who with 26 stoppage victories in 33 bouts, says he will move up to the middleweight division after his fight with Allotey as he looks to add the Ghanaian to his casualties.

With a unanimous decision win over Takeshi Inoue and a majority decision victory over Denia Hogan in his previous two fights, Munguia is keen on adding another big win this year before vacating the belt and moving up on weight.


Source link

About the author

SuccessValley

Republik City News is a subsidiary of SuccessValley, an online network community for students and aspiring entrepreneurs. You can reach SuccessValley through this link: https://www.successvalley.tech/

Leave a Comment